MAICD, GrapDipIntlDev, BA, DipYouthWork
Trisha Squires is a passionate advocate for youth, women and education.
Trisha is a recognised leader, winning the 2019 Tasmania Telstra Business Women’s Award (Medium & Large Business) and the 2019 Jill Lindsay AFL Scholarship. She is a Founder of the Reach Broadbridge Fund, a school providing education to primary school-aged children on Thailand’s Phi Phi Island. Trisha was also Young Australian of the Year in 2006 for her work in the aftermath of the 2004 Boxing Day Tsunami.
Trisha recently completed an Executive Certificate in Public Leadership at Harvard Kennedy School and the AICD Company Directors’ course. Trisha is known for her leadership qualities, clear strategic thinking, and resilience.
Trisha’s board experience and background in sports administration is an asset to the Council and her outstanding personal achievements is an inspiration to the students.
Key current and previous appointments, roles and awards include:
- Member – Somerville House School Council (appointed 2021)
- Director – AFL Cape York Limited
- Director – Tasmanian Football Foundation
- Winner – 2006 Young Australian of the Year
- Winner – 2019 Tasmania Telstra Business Women’s Award (Medium& Large Business)
- Winner – 2019 Jill Lindsay Scholarship
- Participant – 2020 AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) Talent Program for Sport Executives scholarship
- Current Head – AFL Queensland
- Founder – Reach Broadbridge Fund
- Former Member – St Michael Collegiate School Foundation Committee (2019)
- Former board member – Family Life, International Women’s Development Agency, The National Youth Mental Health Foundation (Headspace)
- Former CEO – Reach, St Kilda Youth Service and AFL Tasmania