Tony Sowden is a commercial lawyer with more than 36 years’ experience and has specific expertise in business structures and relationships, organisations law, governance, corporate advisory and not-for-profit entities.
Holding a Bachelor of Laws from The University of Queensland, Tony was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland in 1986.
Having owned and managed commercial law firms on the Sunshine Coast since 1992, Tony has had extensive involvement in the establishment, operation, governance and strategic direction for many Sunshine Coast public and private corporations and institutions and has held numerous roles including director, company secretary and/or general counsel.
Key current and previous appointments, roles and qualifications include:
- Member – Sunshine Coast Grammar School Advisory Council (appointed member 2022)
- Principal/Director – Tony Sowden, Lawyer
- Board Member – Sunshine Coast Arts Foundation Limited
- Member/Company Secretary – IFYS Limited
- Member/Company Secretary – Push Potential Limited
- Life Member and former Board Member – Sunshine Coast Business Council Inc.
- Former Board Member – Food and Agribusiness Network Limited (FAN)
- Former Board Member – Community Water Limited
- Former Member – Advisory Board of SunnyKids Inc.
- Former Board Member – Sustainable Business Alliance Inc.
- Former Board Member – Caloundra City Enterprises Pty Ltd (later Sunshine Coast Enterprises Pty Ltd), a corporation wholly owned by Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- Former Member – Creative Cabinet – Sunshine Coast Creative Alliance Inc.
- Former Board Member/Founder – Yandina Chamber of Commerce