BMus(Voice), MSpPath, GAICD
Ms Fiona Gaske is the current Chair of Regional Development Australia Darling Downs for South West and has an expansive vision and leadership expertise in rural and remote community issues, strategic innovation, diversification and sustainable futures for rural communities.
An elected Councillor from 2012 to 2020, Fiona brings her comprehensive experience in strategic planning and policy formation in complex organisations and environments.
Fiona is also the Executive Director of the innovative social enterprise LANAH, where she advocates for community-led initiatives, with holistic goals to combine emotional and social wellbeing through sustainable and feasible projects, focusing on business, culture and the arts.
Fiona was appointed the Chair of the Somerville House School Council in 2021.
Fiona is a competent, transparent leader with high-level knowledge and practice of corporate governance and performance, with significant experience on boards and chairing committees.
Key current and previous appointments, awards and qualifications include:
- Current Chair Regional Development Australia – Darling Downs South West
- Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow – Australian Rural Leadership Program
- Director South West Health and Hospital Board
- Finalist Queensland Regional Rural and Remote Women’s Network 2014
- South West Regional Economic Development Committee
- Local Government Association of Queensland’s Regional Economic Development Advisory Group
- Queensland Government’s Advancing Regional Innovation Program Committee
- Queensland Great Artesian Basin Advisory Committee.