DBA, MBA, FAICD
Dr Christine Murphy is an expert in leadership, governance and culture. As a CEO, an award-winning lecturer and facilitator, Chris has a diverse range of experience leading teams and functions.
Throughout her career, Christine has advised both individuals and businesses in the state and federal public sector, education industry, not-for-profit environment and major multinationals and ASX listed companies.
After more than 20 years in senior management and CEO roles across retail, hospitality, labour market and health, mid-career Christine decided to formalise her experience by completing a Masters degree in business followed by a Doctorate in Business Administration focusing her research on board leadership and governance. She has been appointed by government to many State and National Boards.
Christine focuses her passion, energy and knowledge on providing a niche leadership and coaching consultancy while also sharing her knowledge as a senior lecturer and visiting professor with Executive MBA students across several Australian and Asia Pacific universities. She has also won the award as the most Inspiring Lecturer for RMIT’s Faculty of Business and Law for two consecutive years.
Her formal qualifications have recently been enhanced by a certificate in Adaptive Leadership studies from Harvard University and gaining an advanced executive coaching certificate.
Key current and previous appointments, awards and qualifications include:
- Member – Sunshine Coast Grammar School Advisory Council
- Consultant – leadership, governance, strategy and Executive Coach
- Founder – International Leadership Network, Oxygen Leadership
- President – RMIT DBA Alumni
- Member – American Academy of Management
- Former Senior Adjunct Lecturer – RMIT in Melbourne and Vietnam
- Former member – Nurses and Midwifery Board of Australia