Dr Vicki WatersMSchM, BEd, DipT, Hon DSc Macq, GAICD
Over the last two decades, Vicki has built a reputation as an exceptional leader in education globally. Leading two large prestigious girls schools – St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School in Brisbane and Pymble Ladies College in Sydney – she is much sought after as a presenter on topics such as global education, leadership and innovation and enterprise.
Vicki has developed a strong skill set that blends her passion for education with the leadership excellence expected of a CEO of a large not-for-profit business. She specialises in transformational change and the need for organisations to continually focus beyond “best practice” to “next practice” across all areas of their operations.
Vicki has significant board experience sitting on several university advisory boards; holding directorships on two not-for-profit boards; and more than 20 years as ex-officio CEO/Principal on independent school boards and the Association of Independent Schools NSW/ACT.
In 2019 established her own business in the education sector offering professional services for boards and educational leaders as well as establishing new schools globally.
Vicki acutely understands the risks associated with child protection and working with multiple agencies to ensure the safety of a child. Her experience will be valued on the new Child Protection and Safeguarding Committee and she looks forward to the challenge of establishing roles and responsibilities and balancing the needs of the schools and the board’s duty of care.
Key current and previous appointments, roles and awards include:
- Member – Clayfield College Council (appointed 2020)
- Acting Chair – PMSA Child Protection and Safeguarding Committee (appointed 2020)
- Director – The Australian Independent Schools Fund
- Graduate – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Director – NSW Combined Independent Schools Sports Council Limited
- Advisory Board Member – S P Jain School of Global Management
- Advisory Board Member – Faculty of Science and Engineering, Macquarie University
- Advisory Board Member – Faculty of Education and Social Work, University of Sydney
- Member – Association of Independent Schools NSW/ACT Advisory Council
- 2018 Finalist – Non-government Principal of the Year, Australian Education Awards
- 2017 Winner – NSW Business Leader of the Year, NSW Business Chamber
- 2013 Finalist – Telstra Business Woman of the Year, NSW
- Honorary Doctor of Science, Macquarie University
- Member – The CEO Institute
- Member – the 20/20 Exchange
- Member – Association of Heads of Independent School Australia (AHISA)
- Member and President – Association of Heads of Independent Girls Schools NSW (AHIGS)