Robin Ann Sullivan
Cert Tch (KGTC), BA, B.Ed (Qld), M.Ed (JCU), D.Univ (QUT), Hon D.Ed (CQU), FACE, FQIEA, FACEL
Robin Sullivan was appointed the first female Deputy Director General of Education in 1997.
Robin’s passion for child safety and protection led her to become the Commissioner for Children and Young People. Here she championed the ‘Blue Card’ screening system required for adults working with young people. Robin was appointed Director General of Child Safety in 2004.
Throughout her career Robin has served on several Boards and committees involving education and child protection and safeguarding, and has also been an international keynote speaker at a number of child protection conferences.
Robin still has a keen interest in education and has remained within the education fraternity as an Honorary Research Associate Professor in History at the University of Queensland.
Robins has kept herself abreast with contemporary child protection matters by continuing to read key research papers and network with her peers within the industry. Robin’s passion for child safety makes her a valuable member of the PMSA Child Protection and Safeguarding Committee.
Key Boards and Committees:
- Children’s Commission of Queensland – Interim Advisory Council
- Inter-Departmental Working Group on the Implementation of Forde Recommendations
- Child Protection Week Committee
- Co-chair, Organising Committee, ISPCAN 15th International Congress on Child Abuse and Neglect
- Organising Committee, Australasian Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect
- Child Protection Implementation Committee
- Child Protection Coordination Committee
- Sexual Assault Review Committee
- Advisory Board for the Key Centre for Ethics, Law, Justice and Government
- Queensland Branch Council of Scout Association of Australia
- Crime and Misconduct Commission Reference Group
- Queensland Child Care Forum
- Queensland Child Protection Week Committee
- DPC Crime Prevention Strategy Task Force
- Youth Participation Charter and Strategy Inter-Departmental Reference Group
- Taskforce on Crime Prevention Senior Officers Group
- Project Axis Overview Committee
- Queensland Crime Commission Management Committee
- Queensland Child Protection Council
- Queensland Child Protection Partners Forum
- Forde Inquiry Implementation Monitoring Committee
- Community Services Strategy (Whole of Government) Coordination Group