GCM, FIML, MAICD
Phillip Brooks is the Deputy Director-General for the Department of Youth Justice and brings considerable knowledge and expertise in areas of child protection and youth justice as well as governance experience to the PMSA’s Policy Committee.
Previously the Commissioner of the Queensland Family and Child Commission (2017-2019), Phillip commenced his working life as a police officer, transitioning to the public service in 2007.
Since this time, he has spent a considerable part of his career serving in various Youth Justice programs with the Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Multicultural Affairs, later transitioning into the Child, Family and Community Services.
While having an in-depth knowledge of child protection, Phillip is particularly passionate about policy and advocacy.
Phillip is currently completing an Executive Master of Public Administration and holds several other qualifications.
Phillip is an Indigenous community member and a descendant of the Bidjara Tribe, the Kairi Tribe and the Ducabrook Clan.
- Member – PMSA Policy Committee (appointed 2020)
- Deputy Director General – Department of Youth Justice
- Director – Northside Wizards Basketball Association Inc
- CEDA Trustee
- Member – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow – Institute of Managers and Leaders Australia and New Zealand
- Past Commissioner – Queensland Family and Child Commission (2017 – 2019)