Geoffrey BrownBCom, MBA, CPA, MCT
Geoffrey Brown is an accomplished finance director and chief financial officer with strong operational leadership and governance experience gained in Fortune 500 enterprises in Australia and Asia in a wide range of industries and disciplines.
Geoffrey is currently CFO for the Malaysian Sime Darby conglomerate’s Caterpillar heavy equipment and other industrial businesses throughout Australasia, including Hastings Deering in Australia. He has extensive experience in the financial management of large and complex multi-national organisations with a successful track record in strategic positioning and driving business growth.
Geoffrey is a Brisbane Boys’ College Old Collegian and has a strong desire to make a contribution to the PMSA and to its schools. He has a very high regard for the impact that a PMSA school education can have on the development of young Australian boys and girls.
Geoffrey has had significant experience with education bodies in Asia, which gives him a useful perspective on the education field beyond Australian boundaries.
Key current and previous appointments and roles include:
- Member – PMSA Audit, Finance and Risk Committee (appointed 2020)
- Mentor – University of Queensland, BEL Career Mentoring Program
- Chairman – Investment Advisory Committee, Indooroopilly Golf Club
- Past Governor – Kellett School Association Board of Governors, Hong Kong
- Past Member – English Schools’ Foundation Hong Kong, Finance Committee
- Member – CPA Australia
- Member – The Association of Corporate Treasurers – UK (MCT)