EMBA, BComn, GAICD
Chris Veraa is an experienced senior leader in the higher education sector, with more than 10 years’ experience leading large, diverse and geographically dispersed teams.
His areas of expertise include people management, strategic planning, media relations, corporate communications, customer experience, service delivery, and policy review and development.
Chris is a strong proponent of the transformative power of education in young people’s lives, particularly the role that Christian education can play in helping to shape students’ values, morals, spiritual life and sense of social justice.
Chris brings a unique perspective to the PMSA Policy Committee thanks to his nuanced understanding of the education sector, his background in media relations and corporate communications, and his most important role as the father of four children.
Key current and previous appointments and roles include:
- Chair – PMSA Policy Committee (appointed 2019)
- Graduate – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Associate Fellow – Australian Institute of Managers & Leaders
- Associate Vice-President, South East Queensland & Director, Strategic Engagement – Central Queensland University
- Board Member – Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC)
- Top 50 Finalist – AFR BOSS-University of Sydney Emerging Leaders 2014