B.O.T, GCert, OHO, MSc, GAICD
Bobbie Foot is the Head of Health Safety Environment (HSE) at BMA Coal with over 16 years’ experience in the mining industry.
Bobbie leads a team of 220 professionals to deliver leading HSE practice across BHP Mitsubishi Alliance, a world-leading producer of seaborne coking coal that directly employs 10,000 people. Bobbie specialises in the use of digital technology to optimise HSE opportunities and address the uncharted complexity and fast-moving challenges that digitisation brings.
Passionate about driving a culture of care in BHP and into the wider community, Bobbie’s innovative approach and commitment to fatigue management led her to be awarded the BHP Global Health Award.
Bobbie sees great opportunities where HSE innovations and technological advances might be applied to the education sector, and she brings a well-considered governance focus and strong risk lens to the PMSA Audit, Finance and Risk Committee and as a PMSA Board Member.
Key appointments and roles include:
- Member, PMSA Audit, Finance and Risk Committee
- Industry Representative – Qld Coal Mining Safety and Health Advisory Committee
- Co- Chair University of Queensland Minerals Industry Safety and Health Centre Research
- Director – Advisory Board, Sustainable Minerals Institute
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Committees including:
• Group of Experts on Coal Mine Methane
• Group of Experts on Resource Management, and Working group on Women in