Associate Professor Richard Roylance
BMedSc, NB, BS, FRACP
Richard Roylance joins the PMSA’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Committee with a national and international reputation in child protection as well as significant governance experience from Chair significant committees to be an active member.
A medical doctor and esteemed academic, Richard is an Associate Professor of the Griffith University Medical School. He holds appointments as the Chair of the Metro South Human Research Ethics Committee, Eminent Staff Specialist Paediatrician at Logan Hospital, sessional member of the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal and accredited mediator with the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Richard has been a child protection paediatrician for 27 years. He has more than 25 years clinical experience at all levels of the child protection system.
Richard’s interest in the protection of children has extended over the past two decades into the broader issue of protecting and supporting vulnerable persons more generally.
Key current and previous appointments, roles and awards include:
- Member – PMSA Child Protection and Safeguarding Committee (appointed 2020)
- Eminent Staff Specialist Paediatrician – Queensland Health
- Associate Professor – School of Medicine, Griffith University
- Sessional Member – Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT)
- Chair – Qld Regional Selection Committee, Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
- Board Member – Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
- Member – Clinical Oversight Advisory Committee, Hummingbird House
- Reviewer – British Medical Journal
- Sir Winston Churchill International Travelling Fellowship (1995)
- Queensland Child Protection Award (2004)