PG Cert (Applied Mgt), PG Dip (Bus Admin), PG Cert (Bus Admin)
Wayne Knapp has more than 25 years’ experience on not-for-profit boards for both the Presbyterian and Uniting Churches, including Chair of the board roles at the Wesley Hospital Townsville, PresCare, and more recently Calvin Aged Care.
He has also served on the following Boards: –
- Andrews War Memorial Hospital
- Qld Uniting Health Care Board
- Presbyterian Church Finance and Administration Board
Wayne was appointed to the St Andrews War Memorial Hospital Board and the Presbyterian & Methodist Schools Association at times requiring significant change. He has extensive experience in governance reform, risk management and leadership, and is currently the Chair of Calvin Aged Care and Chair of the Presbyterian Church Property Board.
In 2020 Wayne was appointed as CEO of PresCare and undertook a financial review of the operations of the business which included several Residential Aged Care Facilities, two thousand community care clients, and a number of commercial businesses. Wayne subsequently restructured and managed the sale of the operations.
A former police officer retiring as an Inspector after 35 years’ service, Wayne has experience in investigating serious and organised crime, district operations, disaster management, risk management, human resource management, and program management.
Key current and previous appointments and roles include:
- PMSA Board member (first appointed 2018, current term until 2024)
- Member – PMSA Risk, Child Safeguarding & Assurance Committee
- Deputy Chairman – Sunshine Coast Grammar School Advisory Council
- Chairman – Property Board, Presbyterian Church of Queensland
- Chairman – St Andrew’s Hospital Toowoomba Nominations Committee.
- Chairman – Calvin Aged Care.
- Acquisition Lead – Apollo Care Operations