BCom, MBA, FCPA, GAICD
Peter Barker is a senior finance executive with more than 30 years’ experience with multinational corporations in Australia, Asia, Europe and the USA.
Most recently, Peter was Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Company Secretary of ASX listed Cardno Ltd. Prior to this he was the CFO of Computershare Ltd and before that held senior financial leadership positions with global corporations including BHP and Cisco Systems.
Peter was appointed to the PMSA Board by the Uniting Church.
A proud BBC Old Collegian and Vice Captain of his year in 1985, Peter is passionate about the important role education creates for young people. He believes the PMSA is instrumental in creating a level of humility among the students to reflect the privilege of independent education.
Key current and previous appointments and roles include:
- PMSA Board Chair (first appointed 2020, current term until 2023)
- Member – PMSA Nominations and Remuneration Committee (appointed 2021)
- Member – PMSA Audit, Finance and Risk Committee (2020 – 2021)
- Board member – mental health not-for-profit – Grow
- Fellow – CPA Australia
- Member – Australian Institute of Company Directors