BA, MSc, MEd (Leadership), MAICD
Margaret Berry has been appointed as a Uniting Church representative on the PMSA Board and is currently the Principal at Robertson State School.
Margaret has a passion for the education of young people and has a long career in the leadership of school communities. Her daughter and sisters attended Somerville House and extended family members attend Brisbane Boys’ College. Margaret has worked with school councils for over 10 years. She has joined the PMSA Board at a time in her career where she feels she can add value and support to the PMSA’s work.
Margaret has more than 30 years experience teaching in both primary and secondary schools. Since 1998, she has held leadership positions of Head of Department, Deputy Principal and Principal of secondary schools and current Principal of a primary school. With a Certificate of Teaching, Bachelor of Arts, a Master of Education (Leadership), and a Master of Science, Margaret brings a wealth of educational experience to the PMSA Board.
Key current and previous appointments, roles and qualifications include:
- PMSA Board member (first appointed 2018, current term until 2021)
- Member – Somerville House School Council
- Principal – Robertson State School
- Member – Queensland State Primary Principals Association
- President – South Branch Queensland Association for Gifted & Talented Children
- Member – Queensland College of Teachers
- Member – Uniting Church Schools Commission
- Member – Australian Institute of Company Directors