John Hamilton has been appointed as a Presbyterian Church of Queensland representative on the PMSA Board and has more than 20 years’ experience teaching and leading in secondary schools and faith-based organisations.
Since 2000, John has held a number of leadership positions as Head of Department, Director of Technology & Data Analysis, Director of Technology and Senior School ICT coordinator.
With a Certificate IV of Training and Assessment, Bachelor of Engineering (Computer and Electrical Systems), and a Bachelor of Education, John brings a wealth of educational and data analysis experience to help schools integrate the best of technology into the classroom and administrative space.
John is deeply enthusiastic about incorporating Christian values into education and recognises the tremendous benefits they offer to both students and their families.
Key current and previous appointments and roles include:
- PMSA Board Member (appointed 2023)
- Director of Technology – Mt St Michael’s College (current)
- Leadership Team – Graceville and Moorooka Presbyterian Churches
- Member – Queensland College of Teachers
- Representative Elder – Mowbray Presbytery (Presbyterian Church of Queensland)
- Member – Queensland Catholic Education Commission IT Managers Network
- Assessor – Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority
- Past National Moderator of the Westminster Presbyterian Church in Australia
- Past Board Member – Consortium of Reformed Colleges (Now Queensland
- Founder and past executive – JH Services (Qld) Pty Ltd