The Presbyterian and Methodist Schools Association has today announced the appointment of Mrs Kathy Bishop as the Principal of leading independent school, Clayfield College.
Mrs Bishop has over 35 years’ educational experience including recent roles as Acting Principal at Clayfield College and executive positions at Ipswich Girls’ Grammar School and St Margaret’s Anglican Girls’ School.
In making the announcement, Dr Anne Bennett, Chairman of Clayfield College said that Kathy not only has the experience and the knowledge but importantly for Clayfield, has a clear vision for the College.
“Kathy has been extremely impressive in undertaking the difficult task of Acting Principal. She has shown outstanding leadership qualities, has galvanised the Clayfield Community and has been able to articulate a clear vision for the College which is supported by the PMSA and the School Council,” said Dr Bennett.
“Kathy is an outstanding asset not only for Clayfield but for the whole of the PMSA and we look forward to working closely with Kathy to enable her to deliver on her vision for the College.”
The appointment of Mrs Bishop will be effective immediately.
Mrs Bishop’s qualifications include;
- Bachelor of Arts: University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma of Education: University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Educational Studies: University of Queensland
- Certificate IV Career Development: Brisbane North Institute of TAFE
- Emerging Principal’s Program: Queensland Education Leadership Institute
- Masters of Education: Queensland University of Technology
Please press here for the Media Release.